Of course, I do is the moment we’ve all been waiting for. But the moments leading up to your walk down the aisle should also be special memories. Make time to savor all the pre-wedding excitement, and don’t forget to ask your photographer to do the same. You’ll want to look back on the entire day as a precious occasion, not just the highlights. Make a point of enjoying the journey by savoring these pre-wedding moments and details. Here’s the short list of our favorite details to capture prior to becoming Mr. and Mrs.
- First look: we love this reinvented tradition of an intimate moment between the bride and groom before the big moment on the aisle. You can let honest emotions flow and savor the sweet moment in a time set aside just for the two of you to enjoy. (*Twist: consider also doing a “Dad’s First Look!” We promise, the photo of his reaction will be absolutely priceless).
- Signature Scent: put some thought into a signature perfume for your wedding day. Pick something that will carry you forward as a Mrs., and that makes you feel romantic and a little luxurious. Ask your photographer to capture an image of the bottle with your other bridal accessories.
- Jewelry: savor the special jewels you’ll be wearing on your wedding day. Ask your photographer to get pictures of you putting on your grandmother’s earrings, or a closeup of your bridal adornments grouped together. Of course, don’t forget the engagement ring! (*Tip: be sure to have your engagement ring polished before your wedding day. It’s likely to be in a lot of close-ups, so don’t forget to make it picture-perfect).
- A moment with the maids: these fabulous ladies have gotten you this far—don’t let them go unnoticed now! Take a moment during all the excitement to relax and enjoy the company of your bridesmaids. Whether you share a champagne toast, offer a prayer, or write a sweet note for each of these special women.
- Groom’s gift: send your sweetheart something special before you meet on the aisle. A thoughtful love note and personalized gift will heighten the anticipation and give him a sweet reminder of the reason behind the big day.
- Mothers’ gifts: we also love the idea of a gift just for mom (and about-to-be mother-in-law!). A gift doesn’t have to be pricey to be thoughtful; a simple note will go a long way in showing your appreciation for all that these wonderful women have done to encourage you during your journey.
No matter which details you plan to incorporate into your special day, we encourage you to simply slow down and soak up the process. Your wedding day is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion; don’t get so caught up in trying to make it down the aisle that you let all the pre-wedding details pass you by.