Styled shoots are all the rage in the wedding industry these days. It’s no wonder that vendors are collaborating to bring out the best of their talent in one elegant photo session. Combining skillsets in a styled shoot enhances creativity, inspires new ideas, and ultimately shows off each vendor’s best work. And when all is said and done, styled shoots provide stunning inspiration for brides who are searching for wow-worthy details to add to their own special day. What does it take to pull off a styled shoot that exudes bridal elegance? Vendors, take a look:
- Photographer: a terrific photographer is everything. A talented, well-experienced photographer can make anything look good. So just imagine what they can do with your best work! Leverage your connections to work with a photographer who will make everyone’s creative efforts shine.
- Patience: you’d be surprised how long it takes to capture all the exquisite shots in one styled shoot gallery. There’s a lot of waiting, light-checking, rearranging, and rearranging again. The extra time is worth it to get the perfect shot, but don’t expect to rush through this event. Host a styled shoot on a day when you can clear your schedule and let creativity flourish.
- Flowers: a key to upping the elegance of any occasion, flowers will bring personality and beauty to any styled shoot. Whether you opt for untamed, vibrant wildflowers or carefully composed bouquets, the floral arrangements you select will dictate much of the visual personality at a styled shoot. Be sure to think outside the box! Include petals in a shot with the wedding invitation suite, or use twigs from a natural bridal bouquet next to her perfume and delicate earrings. Which brings us to our next point…
- Texture: texture is the real key to a professionally executed styled shoot. Adding well-thought-out layers to each component of the shoot creates a look that is visually interesting, unique, and memorable. Whether you’re mixing vintage wallpaper with lush floral blooms, or photographing delicate details against modern-industrial exposed brick background, interesting texture juxtapositions always make for memorable photos.
- Fun! the best styled shoots happen when vendors commit to having a good time. Have fun, let the creativity flow, and let inspiration strike.
Brides and grooms—enjoy styled shoot images, but keep in mind that they are just that. As we mentioned, vendors spend hours arranging styled shoot details to look picture-perfect and magazine-worthy. They’re beautiful sources of inspiration, but take every image with a grain of salt. You may not be able to execute the exact ideas you see in a styled shoot on a grand scale for your wedding day. Instead of trying to replicate styled shoots exactly, focus on what it is that speaks to you about a styled shoot’s theme. Do you love the pastel colors? Or maybe the calligraphy elements are the icing on the cake for you. Pick one or two details that inspire you, and run with it.
Vendors—looking for your next Austin styled shoot venue? We’d love to work with you! Just get in touch to talk about creating your vision here at The Allan House.