Can you believe June has already flown by? We were honored to host this year’s June couples, who pulled out all the stops to celebrate their love. Our Austin Texas wedding venue was home to some truly memorable, elegant, and stunning events this season. Stay tuned for photos from our newlyweds and their outstanding occasions here on the blog!
As June draws to a close, July promises hot weather, summery weddings, and of course the July 4th holiday. Whether you’re planning a military wedding, or simply looking to honor our country on your big day, patriotic touches can bring a personal note to your occasion. With Independence Day just around the corner, we’re bringing you a few of our favorite patriotic wedding ideas:
- Uniforms: nothing says “American pride” like a man or woman in uniform. We love to see military spouses here at our Austin Texas wedding venue… and we especially love when the bride and groom invite current and former military guests to wear their uniforms as well.
- Boutonnieres: bring a pop of patriotic color to the menswear with a red, white, and blue boutonniere color scheme. This is an easy way to bring a touch of color without going overboard if you’re just looking for a hint of American pride.
- Bouquets: likewise, let the ladies show their U.S. spirit with red, white, and blue bouquets. For a more streamlined look, and add elegant navy and burgundy ribbons to a classic white bouquet.
- Bridesmaid shoes: bold couples can add a fun touch of flair with red and blue bridesmaid shoes. Ask your ‘maids to don blue heels, while the bride rocks bright red pumps.
- Groomsman socks: don’t forget something special for the guys! Give patriotic socks as a groomsman gift for a fun look and perfect photo op.
- Candles: on a serious note, consider honoring any fallen military family with memorial candles at the ceremony site. Tie a patriotic ribbon around a simple white pillar candle, and add a name card label to honor those who have served our country.
- Classic American menu: love an Americana menu? Bring your favorite foods to your wedding day with bite-sized versions of American classics. Mini hot dogs and sliders look surprisingly elegant on a silver platter! Serve up miniature pies for a delectable American dessert.
- Fireworks: go out with a bang at the end of the night under a wow-worthy fireworks display. This may not work for everyone, but it makes a major impact if your location allows for this impressive display.
- Classic car getaway: finally, make your getaway in a classic American car. Rent a vintage vehicle or retro muscle car to end the night on a memorable note. Don’t forget to tie red and blue ribbons to the back for a perfectly patriotic getaway.
We hope you’ll consider adding a touch of American pride to your big day, whether you’re tying the knot this weekend or any other day of the year. Our Austin Texas wedding venue wishes you a happy (and safe!) holiday weekend, and we sincerely thank the men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. We have the deepest gratitude for your service and sacrifice.