Archives for October 2016
Happy Halloween! With this spooky holiday coming up in just a few days, we’re looking back on one of our favorite celebrations here at Allan House… a Halloween wedding! Christina and Scott’s special day was hosted on October 31st here at one of the top unique Austin wedding venues. Striking the perfect balance between playful and elegant, this happy couple incorporated Halloween-inspired elements without going overboard on a spooky theme.
Color palette played a big role in this elegant execution. Orange fall florals evoked a seasonal feel, accented by succulents and sprigs of greenery. And how gorgeous are those sophisticated black bridesmaid dresses?! The couple then added a few memorable details centered around their unique wedding date. Masquerade elements evoked a Halloween feel, and their adorable wedding cake still makes us smile.
This gorgeous wedding was definitely more magnificent than macabre! We admire this execution—inspired by a Halloween wedding date, but not overboard on a hokey theme. It’s not easy to walk that line… but this couple did it perfectly.We love how Christina and Scott (and their coordinator, Brass Tacks Events) played with Halloween-inspired elements to make their special day a memorable occasion. With just a few outstanding details and a seasonal color scheme, they hosted an elegant and memorable event that made a lasting impression on guests. It’s the little twists that make events unforgettable… and tons of fun!
Christina and Scott, happy anniversary! It was an honor to host your big day, and your Halloween-inspired theme was one for the books. We wish you all the best in another happy year of married life.
Thinking of hosting a “themed” wedding? We would be honored to host! Let us connect you with premier vendors who know the ins and outs of the industry—and who know how to pull off a sophisticated occasion, seamlessly executed. We’d love to chat and show you around. Thanks for taking a look at one of the most unique Austin wedding venues: The Allan House!
Wedding Venue Austin TX | Allan House
A bride’s packing list for the big day is about a mile long… from earrings and perfume to table numbers and favors, she’s got a lot to remember on the day of the wedding (although we hope that she has tactfully delegated!). But what about her soon-to-be better half? Don’t worry, grooms—the packing list for men is significantly shorter! And we’ve got you covered. Here are all the items that should be in your duffel on the day of your wedding:
- Attire: of course, you’ll want to double check that you’ve packed all your necessary attire. You’ll pick up your tailored tux a couple days ahead of time, but here’s the rundown of all the corresponding items to check off your list:
- Tux or suit (trousers and jacket)
- Dress shirt
- Cummerbund (if needed)
- Vest (if needed)
- Dress socks (or fun socks!)
- Dress shoes
- Accessories: don’t forget these essential details to polish off your look. Double check these items on the day-of… those photos won’t be quite as picture-perfect if you forget the tie! Pro tip: have a designated friend to be your backup guy. Choose someone (who is not in the wedding party—so they’ll be available all day) who can be on call to run any last-minute errands in case in item is accidentally forgotten.
- Tie or bowtie
- Belt (and buckle, if desired)
- Grooming: we recommend a professional appointment to look sharp on the big day. Splurge on a nice haircut and a close shave in the morning. Don’t forget to give a little attention to your fingernails. You don’t have to schedule a manicure, but be sure your nails are trimmed and buffed—there’s nothing worse than a closeup of a groom’s dirty nails!
- Hair products (gel, comb, etc.)
- Gifts: while not essential, gifts have become a customary tradition on the day of the wedding. Pack something special for your bride-to-be (maybe a sweet note, or cozy slippers for her to wear while getting ready… be creative!), and consider presents for your parents as well.
- Bride’s gift
- Parents’ gifts
- Groomsmen’s gifts (if not given at the rehearsal the night before)
- The Rings! Do not forget the rings! Typically the best man is in charge of the wedding bands. Make a plan to hand off the rings to your best man on the morning of the wedding. Then, let him handle the responsibility while you sit back, relax, and enjoy your wedding day at the top wedding venue Austin TX has to offer!
Check off the items on this packing list, and you’ll be all set. Don’t forget—the most important thing to bring with you is your smile. Amid a chaotic, fast-paced day, slow down and remember your beautiful bride-to-be. That’s what this day is all about, even if an item or two is accidentally forgotten!
We hope you’ll tie the knot at the top wedding venue Austin TX has to offer: Allan House. We would love to give you a tour, and show you how our space can be used for you and your groomsmen to have a great time!
Our weekend Open House schedule is listed below for October and November 2016. If you can’t make it out to Allan House for a private tour during the week (we’re open by appointment Monday through Friday from 10am – 6pm), these open houses are a perfect time to come see the space!
Saturday, October 15th from 11am – 1pm
Saturday, October 22nd from 11am – 1pm
Saturday, November 12th from 11am – 1pm
If you plan to attend any of these Open Houses, please send an RSVP email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting with you!
Be sure to also check out our sister venue, Brodie Homestead. Weekend and weekday tours are available at that space as well.
Vendor Spotlight: Florists at our Downtown Austin Wedding Venue
Today we’re highlighting vendors who truly make magic at our downtown Austin wedding venue: florists! Florists never fail to transform our venue into a truly breathtaking scene. From swoon-worthy centerpieces to stunning bridal bouquets, these organic arrangements are works of art that impress guests and make every photo picture-perfect.
The average wedding might include any of the following floral designs:
- Bridal Bouquet
- Groom Boutonniere
- Bridesmaid Bouquets
- Groomsmen Boutonnieres
- Flower Girl Crown
- Mothers’ and Grandmothers’ Corsages
- Cake Display Blooms
- Bar Display Blooms
- Aisle Installation
- Aisle Caps
- … and anything else you can dream up!
Your florals are an ideal opportunity to showcase your style and personality. We love to see what every couple does to express a unique aesthetic through their flower choices. Whether you’re diving into the loose oversized bouquet trend, decking your reception tables with lush greenery, or keeping it classic with ivory blooms… flowers are a must-have at any wedding.
To bring your ultimate floral vision to life, take a peek at our recommended vendor list of tried-and-true florists. These trusted vendors are guaranteed to execute your floral dream!
- Bouquets of Austin
- Gypsy Floral & Events
- Petals, Ink.
- Pollen Floral Art
- Stems Floral Design
- Verbena Floral
- Wild Bunches
Last but not least, be sure to check out Margot Blair Floral… the creative visionary behind Keane and Phoebe’s wedding. Their floral arch installation was a jaw-dropping statement piece! Not to mention that gorgeous bouquet… those golden magnolia leaves were the perfect hint of fall color at this September ceremony.
We can’t wait to see which floral designs you use at our downtown Austin wedding venue. Nothing makes us happier than hosting unique love stories! We would be happy to give you a tour of our historic grounds and discuss your vision for the big day. Simply get in touch to schedule a date.
It wasn’t too long ago that we posted about our favorite fall wedding trends… from gorgeous jewel tones to loose florals and mantilla lace, what’s not to love about this autumnal season?! If you’re ready to take these trends and run with them, more power to you. We can’t wait to see all the creative things you dream up. But for those of you who aren’t quite sure how to implement these trends, we’ve got you covered. Take a peek at this list of simple (but oh-so-swoon-worthy) fall wedding details you can incorporate into your unique Austin wedding venue.
- Calligraphed Leaves: Bring a quintessential fall element to the table with calligraphed leaves for your escort cards. Your calligrapher can beautifully letter each leaf with your guest names for a polished and seasonal detail. Want to mix it up? Spray paint your leaves gold! Alternatively, consider dip-dyeing just one edge of the leaf for a touch of gilded elegance.
- Bridal Bouquet: Loving the loose floral trend? Try this combination for a foolproof fall bridal bouquet.
1. Start with big burgundy blooms (roses or dahlias always look beautiful!).
2. Then fill in neutral-colored petals (ivory, cream, or blush) and lush greenery (think silver dollar eucalyptus leaves).
3. Accent your robust bouquet with organic autumnal elements. Fruiting blackberries, delicate twigs, or a few indigo-hued thistles add texture and interest to your arrangement.
4. Don’t forget to tie it all together with a luscious silk ribbon! Leave rough edges trailing from your bouquet for a soft and feminine finish.
- Mini Pies: if your mouth started watering when we mentioned fall flavor, mini pies could be the perfect dessert for you and your sweetheart. Our friends at Tiny Pies make petite bite-sized treats packed with flavor. We can guarantee these autumn-inspired sweet treats will be a hit with guests—and they never fail to make a memorable dessert display.
Now that the fall season is in full swing, our couples are filling our unique Austin wedding venue with distinctive autumnal details guests will never forget. Which pretty details will you implement this season? If you’re in love with September, October, and November weddings, we hope you’ll get in touch and inquire about next year’s fall dates at our unique Austin wedding venue.