Just engaged? Congratulations! We’re expecting to hear about quite a few proposals, since Engagement Season has officially arrived. The most popular time to pop the question is from Thanksgiving to Valentine’s Day, especially around the Christmas season. We won’t be surprised to see a lot of bling during this time of year!
After you’ve had a chance to admire your new jewels, there are few things you should do in order to keep that sparkler in tip-top shape:
- Get the ring insured. Don’t skip this crucial step! You (and your fiancé) would be devastated if something happened to you engagement ring. Getting your jewelry insured is easier than you’d think, and it’s absolutely worth the investment.
- Buy a ring dish you love. Make sure you have a safe place to store your ring when you take it off. A small trinket dish just for your engagement ring is an ideal place for your ring when you’re not wearing it. Commit to placing your ring here (and only here!) when you take it off. You’ll significantly decrease your chances of losing it!
- Schedule a polish. Your wedding day photography will include plenty of close-ups; your ring should be camera-ready when you arrive at your wedding venue. As your special day draws near, schedule a date with your jeweler to have your gems polished. Even if you run short on time, you can still clean up diamonds yourself with few drops of Dawn dish soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Just don’t clean your ring over a sink or open drain!
- Plan for regular maintenance. After you’ve tied the knot, plan to maintain your ring with regular inspections and cleanings. It’s the best way to ensure your ring stays in tip-top shape for years to come.
- Fall in love with it over and over again! Chances are, right now you can’t stop admiring that gorgeous bling. Remember this feeling, and remember all the reasons why you love this adornment. Perhaps you picked it out together, or he selected just the right design. Above all, it’s a symbol of your lifelong commitment to each other. Look at your engagement ring as an important reminder of your love story, and you’re guaranteed to love it for a lifetime.
Now let us see those stunning baubles! Show off your ring here at our wedding venue. Allan House loves to admire those sparkly gems. We hope you’ll stop by and take a tour soon!