Best Austin Wedding Venue | Welcome Gift Ideas
Planning a celebration at the best Austin wedding venue? Whether your guests are local or traveling from out of town, we know you’ll want to go the extra mile to thank them for celebrating your special occasion. We are always touched to see our couples’ gestures of thanks to family and friends. There are so many ways to express your gratitude to loved ones, but one gesture in particular has grown in popularity over the past few years. Although a relatively new tradition, welcome gifts or welcome bags are becoming a standard in wedding guest hospitality.
What is a welcome gift? Typically, it’s a small bag of treats or collectible items given to traveling guests when they check into their hotel. A welcome gift is a thoughtful way to welcome newcomers to your hometown, and a nice gesture to thank out-of-town guests for traveling in order to celebrate with you. What a lovely way to acknowledge friends and family!
Welcome bags can include anything the couple desires—and they don’t have to be over-the-top expensive, either. Choose small but meaningful items to include in your gift bag. Think local: especially if many of your guests are visiting Austin for the first time! Welcome them with unique local treats that will kick the wedding excitement up a notch. Take a look at a few of our favorite items that are sure to impress your guests:
- Something sweet: start their stay on a sweet note with a delectable treat. Choose an item from a local Austin spot (Sweet Texas Pecan Tiny Pies, personalized Austin Cake Balls, or Sweet Leaf Tea).
- Something savory: don’t forget a savory counterpart for guests to snack on (sauce from Franklin Barbecue, El Milagro Chips and Salsa, or Cornucopia Popcorn).
- Local brews: why not include a bottle or two of your favorite local beer? Provide a cold one for guests to enjoy when they arrive at the hotel. Stock a few craft beers in each bag; trust us, guests are gonna love these.
- To-do list: together with your fiancé, create and print a list of a few tried-and-true Austin activities. From your favorite burger joint to the best hiking trail, give wedding guests the inside scoop on all the best sights to see.
- Party recovery: planning to celebrate long into the night? Make sure guests are prepared! Include a few bottles of water and ibuprofen pills in their welcome gift.
- Thank you: a heartfelt thank you note is always appreciated. Include a brief note in each bag: “Thanks for traveling to celebrate with us!”
Show your guests Texas-sized hospitality with these welcome bag ideas. They’ll definitely appreciate the gesture! Got your own welcome gift ideas? We’d love to hear about them—and all about your wedding vision. Contact us to tour the best Austin wedding venue and see what we have to offer!