After hosting hundreds of weddings at our historic downtown wedding venue – we’ve learned a thing or two about stationery etiquette for your wedding. Here are a couple of our top tips:
- It is recommended to leave information regarding your registry off of your printed stationery pieces. More often than not – you will be including a wedding website URL to your guests either on your save-the-date or your invitation, the website is a great place to add your registry information and any other additional details that they may find useful.
- It’s your day! Are you looking for an intimate affair or a large celebration? You of course have the authority to invite whoever you’d like. However, it is not considered appropriate to invite guests to a portion of the evening, such as just the reception. If you do not want to include the guest for the entire event – it may be best to include them at all.
- Keep calm and allow for a plus 1! Have you ever had to attend a wedding by yourself where you may not have know anyone but the couple? Trust us, your guests will feel more comfortable being able to bring their significant other if they chose to.
Outdoor weddings have become increasingly popular, especially during seasons such as Spring! The Allan House has the perfect venue to cater for your dream outdoor event. However, when planning for the outdoors it brings in a whole different atmosphere and a more organic setting that you have to adapt to. That’s why today we have the perfect set of tips and ideas to help you plan for the big day.
How to create your top notch outdoor wedding:
- Think of the options of having a tented event or not. The Allan house has both options and we all know how unpredictable Texas weather can be. Our tented area allows for your wedding to go flawlessly rain or shine. However, keep in mind during the hotter seasons that a tent can cause a slight increase in temperature. So whichever you may choose plan accordingly in order to create maximum comfort and satisfaction for both you and your guests.
- Outdoor lighting and decorations. If you are planning a all-day event that’ll transition into dusk consider plenty of cute lighting! You can enhance the romantic atmosphere by creating mood lighting such as lanterns, candle lit center pieces, strand of christmas or party lights and a classic outdoor chandelier.
- Create an outdoor lounging area, with beautiful vintage or rustic furniture and a good amount of comfy pillows!
- Accessorize! Yes you can do this even outside. Add smaller details to make your wedding have that extra pop and create a more engaging area.
For additional inspiration take a look at our galleries and other blog posts!
We’d love to hear all your ideas for your special outdoor event! Contact us to get started now!
If you’re looking for a historic austin venue to host your event, The Allan House is a great versatile space. We pride ourselves in having a space that can really fit the mold of your event’s personality. Looking for a bit of inspiration for your upcoming event? Stop by our pages on the “pretty” social networks and get connected today to see a daily dose of inspiration.
We share inspiration, featured styled shoots, latest events and more on our Instagram feed every day! Take a look and be sure to follow us while you’re at it.
Need a bit more?
Our Pinterest page to showcases dozens of different events and styles that we’ve had the opportunity to host at our historic venue.
Whether you’re dreaming of an elegant outdoor event filled with charming twinkle lights or a chic, sophisticated downtown wedding, our historic austin venue will help your dream become a reality. Let’s connect!
Spring is finally here and so is the time to introduce the 2017 Pantone® color of the year, Greenery! Spring itself is known to bring vibrant colors and of course alot of green that makes for beautiful weddings! In recent years the Pantone® company has become the resident color expert and the top provider of professional color standards for countless design industries, event planners and stylists. So believe us when we say that Greenery is a timeless color that can easily be used year-round for your special event.
Lucky for us, our venue is already surrounded by beautiful natural greens, which makes tying the color of the year in easy with your wedding decorations! This classic color adds a sophisticated and lively tone to any space when added to objects such as table center pieces, stationary pieces and cake decorations. For more of a bold statement, you can also use greenery in pieces of furniture, linens and even accessories for the wedding party. No matter how you choose to use greenery, there’s no doubt that this color makes a statement in every event.
Have you fallen in love with Greenery like we have and wondering where you will incorporate it into your big day? Conatct us with all your amazing ideas and The Allan House and our vendors will make your vision come to life beautifully.
Don’t forget to check out our galleries for further inspiration and ideas on how to make Greenery part of your special event no matter the season!