Our weekend Open House schedule is listed below for March, April and May 2017. If you can’t make it out to Allan House for a private tour during the week (we’re open by appointment Monday through Friday from 10am – 6pm), these open houses are a perfect time to come see the space!
Saturday, March 4th from 11am – 1pm
Saturday, March 25th from 12pm – 2pm
Saturday, April 1st from 11am – 1pm
Saturday, April 22nd from 11am – 1pm
Saturday, May 27 from 12pm – 2pm
If you plan to attend any of these Open Houses, please send an RSVP email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting with you!
We’re currently offering a 30% discount off of all available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in June, July & August 2017, and a 40% for teachers and military.
Be sure to also check out our sister venue, Brodie Homestead. Weekend and weekday tours are available at that space as well.
Allan House is already brimming with character and charm, but what really helps it stand out as the best small wedding venue Austin has to offer? …Our couples! Every love story at Allan House has a distinctive quality. We love to see how couples personalize our venue, transforming it into a one-of-a-kind space that expresses their unique vision. One area where couples often get creative is the “altar” where they tie the knot. Our garden ceremony space sets the stage with a beautiful courtyard and stone-paved seating area… but beyond that, there is ample room for creativity and personalization! Take a look at a few of our favorite ceremony backdrops so far:
- Floral Archway: a popular choice, floral archways always make an elegant statement. Adorned with flowers of your choosing, they are easily customized and guaranteed to create romantic setting.
- Floral Installation: take the archway idea a step further with a unique floral installation. Perhaps you design a fully-covered flower wall, or use organic greenery for a lush backdrop.
- Hanging Ribbons: Easy and elegant, a hanging ribbon installation allows for plenty of customization. Choose ribbons in your color scheme and create a personalized background that is sure to look amazing in photos.
- Lighting: let a sparking chandelier take center stage, or use pillar candles lining the aisle for a softer ambiance. You can even pair florals with twinkling string lights for a magical feel!
- Vintage Rentals: the possibilities are endless when you partner with one of our preferred rental companies. Their creative expertise will help you come up with a memorable ceremony backdrop guaranteed to impress your guests. Whether you hang a vintage rug to evoke boho vibes, or create a small vignette of vintage furniture… Get creative!
You can’t go wrong with any of these backdrop choices (or even combining a couple of them!). And each one allows you to tailor the “altar” to suit your aesthetic and color palette. We love to hear about our couples’ unique ideas; along with event coordinators, they are always coming up with something new!
We strive to be the best small wedding venue Austin has to offer; with an intimate ceremony and reception space, perfectly tailored to your vision, we hope to host your special day here at Allan House. Which type of backdrop would be perfect for your big day? We can’t wait to hear about it.
Take a look at a few of our favorite ceremony backdrops!
Wedding Reception Venue in Austin | Allan House
As you know, it takes a team of talented professionals to pull off a seamless wedding. Luckily, Allan House has been around long enough to know who can get the job done! We’ve had the pleasure of working with Austin’s best wedding pros—especially when it comes to food.
It’s no secret that food can make or break your wedding reception. An outstanding caterer is key to a wow-worthy celebration; keeping guests well-fed with delectable dishes is a foolproof way to guarantee reception success. So how do you find the best in the business? We’ve done the first round of vetting for you! The Allan House is honored to provide a list of preferred catering vendors:
- 2 Dine 4 Catering
- Austin Catering
- Catering With A Twist
- Contigo Catering
- Crave Catering
- Dagar’s Catering
- Kurant Events
- Maudie’s Catering
- Pappas Catering
- Pascal’s Catering
- Peached Tortilla
- Pink Avocado
- Primizie Catering
- Rosemary’s Catering
- Royal Fig Catering
- Salt Lick Catering
- Word Of Mouth Catering
Why do we require a vendor from this list? Only to ensure the best quality service for you and your guests! These caterers are tried-and-true professionals who serve incredible food—accompanied by impeccable service. Select an industry professional from this list, and you won’t be disappointed!
Plus, these caterers are also familiar with our wedding reception venue in Austin. They know how to pull off a seamless event, so you can relax and enjoy every moment of your celebration.
Want to add a fun surprise to your reception? Bring in a food truck! The Allan House is well-equipped to welcome food trucks at your festivities—and guests will love this personalized touch. With one of our preferred staffing companies to assist you, the food truck will be a guaranteed success.
Get connected with other industry professionals here on our vendors page. Or, just give us a call! We’d love to show you everything Allan House has to offer. Tour our venue space to start planning your own special day, complete with a catering team that is sure to impress.
We’re ready to ring in the New Year this week! For many of our couples, 2017 is an extra special year—the year they’re getting married! If that’s not reason to celebrate, we don’t know what is. Toss a bit of extra confetti and raise a glass of champagne, because 2017 is shaping up to be a pretty stellar year.
As 2016 draws to a close, we’re reflecting on what a great year it’s been here at Allan House. Our Victorian home has become known as the best wedding venue Austin TX has to offer. We’d like to take a minute to highlight a few of our outstanding press features from this year:
- Borrowed and Blue: What an honor! We were voted “Best of B&B” for 2016 by our fellow vendors. Our award, “Best Venue for Intimate Weddings” is a flattering recognition, and we are very grateful to our talented vendor connections for voting on our behalf.
- Style Me Pretty: we remain a noteworthy vendor in Style Me Pretty’s “Little Black Book,” with quite a few weddings and styled shoots published on their blog. We’ve been featured on the Style Me Pretty community sine 2010, and aim to keep it that way!
- Magnolia Rouge: we were so excited to see our “19th Century Inspired Mauve Styled Shoot” featured on Magnolia Rouge. It is one of our favorite wedding inspirations to date, and we’re honored that Magnolia Rouge agreed.
- The Venue Report: Most notably, we were listed as a best wedding venue Austin TX has to offer in The Venue Report’s roundup of 20 extraordinary wedding venues in the city!
- We’ve also been featured on Austin Wedding Blog for multiple events, listed in Austin’s Wedding Guide, and we remain a “Best Austin Wedding Venue” on Caroline’s Studio.
Needless to say, it has been a wonderful year! We are deeply grateful to all our Allan House couples for choosing to celebrate their love stories here. It has been a pleasure to witness your happy marriages, and to see your creative ideas for your wedding day come to life. We can’t wait to see the new ideas and unique stories our 2017 couples bring to Allan House!
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you the very best in 2017. We have a feeling this year is going to be one for the books!