Last week we brought you our Top 5 Reasons to Consider a Small Wedding… this week, the tables are turned! While small weddings are just right for many of our couples, that’s not the case for everyone. For some brides and grooms, a big Austin wedding venue is definitely a better fit.
- Big families that you just can’t cut: maybe you have a bunch of siblings, or perhaps he’s close with a lot of cousins. Sometimes, big families simply can’t be cut from the list. Embrace it! Invite all your extended relatives for a big party the whole family will always remember. Including everyone will guard against any hurt feelings, and you’ll have lots of guests who are eager to share in your special day.
- You’ve been together for a long time: if you’ve been dating since high school, or engaged for a couple of years, a big wedding could be the way to go. Over a long courtship or engagement, many people have supported you and invested in your relationship. An invitation could be a nice gesture to honor their encouragement over the years, even if it results in a big guest list.
- You love to dance: if you love to hit the dance floor and get the party started, chances are you thrive on an energetic environment with lots of people. Go for it! Invite all your friends and family for a party nobody could ever forget. Be sure to book an awesome DJ!
- You enjoy being host/hostess: do you enjoy greeting people and catching up with old friends? Are you good at making polite conversation? Put your skills to work at a big wedding, where you can manage playing host to lots of guests. Not everyone is capable of making a large crowd feel welcome; so if this is your area of expertise, you’re the perfect candidate for a big wedding.
- It works with your budget: money matters are personal, but budget is definitely a consideration if you’re planning a big wedding. Accommodating a large head count can add up—from plated meals to favors and everything in between, there are a lot of costs per guest associated with a large crowd. Be frank about the numbers from the get-go; decide if a big wedding is in the cards for you. If it is, great! If it’s not, make your peace with a smaller guest count.
Sounding familiar? A big wedding could be the best choice for you! We love to host large gatherings where the love and support of so many friends and family members is tangible all day long. Our venue can accommodate up to 225 guests in our courtyard area, so feel free to keep adding to that guest list.
What matters most is a size that’s right for you. Only the couple can determine whether big or small is the best choice for their special day. Allan House is here to stand behind either decision, and bring all the details to life on any scale. We’re happy to host your wedding, big or small, with utmost professionalism. We hope you’ll tour Allan House and start to see your small or big wedding vision come to life at our historic venue.