You’re engaged! Congratulations! No matter how they popped the question, how long you’ve been together, or how much you’ve already talked about your wedding, full on wedding planning is now a GO. Don’t get too bogged down on all your Austin wedding details until you do these few things.
- Firstly, make sure to take a picture with your future spouse for the ‘Gram! Take a cute selfie or a silly one to announce your engagement to the social media world (once you’ve told your parents and best friends of course!).
- Once the world has heard the news and seen the ring, its time for a few important ring maintenance things. If your ring doesn’t perfectly fit, you’ll need to get it sized so that it won’t slip off your finger. You’ll also need to get your ring insured. An engagement ring is a huge investment, and you’ll want to make sure that it has the proper insurance on it.
- If you have yet to start talking about it, its now time to start talking about a wedding date! Think about your timeline and how long you want to be engaged, and if there are any special dates in that timeline. This will help to figure out a general time frame and from there you can begin looking at specific dates.
- You’re going to want to begin looking into an engagement photographer, too. Engagement pictures are not just something to change your profile picture to, but can be used on the invitations, can be put on your RSVP website, and can even be placed around your showers and wedding. You will want these pictures done years down the line.
- Lastly, take time to enjoy this season. Don’t let wedding planning get in the way of continuing to date your fiancé. Engagement is a special season that only lasts so long. Let yourself be giddy and excited to tell people the exciting, new news!