In 1905, Thomas E. Thrasher purchased The Allan House from the school board and it became known as The Allan-Thrasher House.
During the 94 years that the house was owned by the Thrasher family, it was often host to relatives who came for holidays, to spend summers, and to live while attending The University of Texas. On December 31, 1999, Daniel and Vicki Ross purchased The Allan House.
Determined to restore the elegant building to its previous splendor, he oversaw a complete renovation that maintained the home’s historic beauty, while updating it with modern conveniences. The Ross' consider themselves to be stewards of the home and its history. They is ever mindful that The Allan House is now one of approximately one hundred houses in Austin that are 130 or more years old, a last vestige of times past, and an architecture disappearing among the towering buildings of downtown Austin.